Saturday, February 9, 2013

Crows & Ravens



Crows and Ravens have always fascinated me! Their almost human movements combined with an uncanny ability to even sound human make them an irresistible subject to study. I am intrigued by all the of the mysteries surrounding them in superstitions and folklore.

Some of my favorites: If a raven perches on a house in Wales, it will bring prosperity to the family within.

Alexander the Great was supposedly guided across the desert by two ravens sent from heaven.

Rooks feeding in village streets or close to nests in the morning means inclement weather is to come - usually storms or rain.

Conversely, rooks flying far from their nest means fair weather

I have started a new design with the crow/raven as my subject. I have enjoyed trying out different poses and crow possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment